By Courtney Jackson, AAEA Membership and Communications Coordinator
Maybe you got our email. Or our letter in the mail. Or you’ve seen the social media posts. Either way, the message is the same: now’s the time to renew your AAEA membership.
Why should you renew?
If you haven’t heard, the American Agricultural Editors’ Association has recently re-branded to AAEA- The Ag Communicators Network. This inevitable change was part of the strategic plan your board of directors and leadership adopted in 2015. In addition, The Ag Comm Network has also implemented new programs, stipend opportunities, and more. And we’re just getting started.
So, what does this mean for our members?
It means more communications and transparency through website updates, emails, and our dynamic new weekly newsletter, The Byline. It means an association more representative of our membership. The industry is evolving, so we are too. It means more invaluable personal and professional development opportunities that you want rather than what we think you need. It simply means more value for your membership.
Our board and committee members are full of ideas and ways to better serve our membership. With your help, in the past year, we have:
- Launched the 2017-2018 Mentoring Program.
- Moderated important conversations about membership categories and Affiliate leadership.
- Created a new website that is modern, organized, and easier to navigate.
- Included new pages on the website for resources like our freelancer map and student resumes.
- Hosted four webinars with industry pros addressing popular topics.
- Gathered input and ideas on the 100th Anniversary, communication awards, changes to the constitution, and more.
Now is the time to witness and be involved in your association’s growth. Join us as we strive to be the leading ag media association in the industry.
To add to the excitement, we’re giving away five $25 gift cards to those who renew their membership before January 1, 2018. See? Even more reasons to renew right away!