By Holly Spangler, The Byline Editor
(Read Time: 2 minutes)
As host Kelsey Litchfield so duly notes in today’s Ag Comm Network podcast, they let us come back with a second episode! This week we talked with Chris Clayton of DTN/The Progressive Farmer, who shared how he covers Washington D.C. from his home base in Omaha.
- Ag media perk: you’ll never get bumped by a sports story.
- Twitter can function as a news wire.
- Farm bill fights are no longer between Midwest and South; now it’s Republican vs. Democrat over food aid programs.
- Every story should answer: What does this mean to the reader?
- Ag journalists aren’t here to do PR for agriculture; sometimes you have to be the friend that takes the keys away.
You may have caught the live version of this podcast, which aired Thursday, May 31, at 11 a.m. CST on our AAEA Facebook page. You can still go back there and watch the video. You can also listen below via SoundCloud, or you can subscribe on iTunes where new episodes will automatically download on your phone.
What to do next?
- Follow AAEA – The Ag Communicators Network on Facebook
- Subscribe to the Ag Communicators Network Podcast on iTunes
- Leave us a rating and review on iTunes; it helps other people find us
- Send us guest and topic ideas. Who do you want to hear from?
Find us all on the socials:
- @ChrisClaytonDTN on Twitter
- @agcommnetwork on Twitter
- @klitchfield13 on Twitter
- @hollyspangler on Twitter
- AAEA on Facebook
And stay tuned for our next episode on June 14, when Sara Wyant will join us to talk about interviewing President Trump!