Managing Editor, Arkansas Cattle Business, Arkansas Cattlemen’s Association
- Where did you go to college?
- I started at Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College (NEO) in Miami, Oklahoma, and completed my bachelor’s degree in ag communications at Oklahoma State University
- Where do you work and how long have you worked there?
- I am the managing editor of Arkansas Cattle Business which is the official publication of the Arkansas Cattlemen’s Association (ACA). I worked out of the state office in Little Rock from 2007-2012. After relocating to my hometown in Oklahoma, I started back to work for ACA in 2016.
- Why did you pursue a career in ag communications?
- I was fortunate to have a wonderful advisor at NEO. When I told him I wanted to work in the agriculture field, but I was better in high school at English than math, he helped get me started down the ag comm path.
- What is your favorite aspect of your job?
- Working with other people in agriculture is my favorite aspect of the job. The heart and loyalty of people involved in ag is just really hard to beat.
- What’s one piece of career advice you wish someone had given you?
- One thing that I have learned that I wish I would have know a little earlier is how important it is to ask for help when you need it at any point in your career.
Contact Autumn at firstname.lastname@example.org.