The AAEA Lifetime Achievement Award is designed to honor current and former members of the organization, including those who may be deceased, for outstanding professional and personal achievements and leadership, with specific emphasis on contributions toward improvement of the viability and value of AAEA. This award is reserved for those who have adhered to high standards of professionalism in all aspects of their endeavors. It is sponsored by CHS Inc.
Members may be nominated by another member or they may nominate themselves for the award. The AAEA Lifetime Achievement Award is open to all members based on the following criteria:
- Years of membership in AAEA
- Leadership activity within AAEA
- Achievements in AAEA-sponsored professional improvement award programs (writing, photography, design, etc.)
- Involvement in AAEA-sponsored professional improvement activities (annual meetings, regional workshops, writing workshops, design workshops, etc.)
- Participation in and achievements in non-AAEA professional activities
- Participation in and achievements in personal activities outside of AAEA and the ag communications profession
- Contributions to AAEA that have helped make the organization a better, more viable and more valuable organization
The AAEA Legacy Committee will select the winner(s) and may, at their discretion, select to honor up to three nominees annually, including at least one deceased member. Contact Legacy Committee Chair Larry Dreiling with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-628-1117.